Everyday I select the local dailies and go right to the classifieds simply to check on a few of the available services I'd need instantly. It had been very handy after i wanted a house to maneuver into, an inexpensive lawyer to help me register a company, help a cousin choose a car, etc. I can continue.
What is striking is the fact that for a long time, I did not observe how I'd use this section of the dailies because of the following limitations:
1. It doesn't allow photos, and when it will it might be not big enough.
2. It does not provide many details and would not be suitable for marketing.
3. It's encompassed by a lot of other ads and wouldn't be spotted easily.
4. It provides no space to demonstrate some of the valuable benefits for the services or products.
5. You've got no location to location testimonials. These limitations kept me away from using this section. After i learnt of the advantages from the friend, I wondered why I had been so stupid to block my mind. It wasn't a poor option after all, since:
6. They're inexpensive. This was an advantage I'd trouble understanding. Payment is based on the amount of words or lines the ad copy has. This only means that you simply put the thing you need and you can run a series of words.
7. The inexpensive nature makes it possible to reach prospects every day without stressing you account.
8. I found that in a growing economy like Kenya, a couple of million readers visit the classified section on a daily basis. Even 1% of the population as clientele in a month could be sufficient to operate a business. Am certain that bigger economies have bigger audiences.
9. Instead of testing an ad on the big copy and spend 100's of dollars onto it, with the classified, you can run a number of tests to see which aspect of you products could be great for advertising. This could improve your advertising efficiency.
10. If you want to know which title works perfect for your product or service, the classified is the approach to take. Ted Nicholas brainstormed on new book titles and narrowed his ideas to few titles. He would then run a classified ad and also the one which pulled most response always won his heart and gave him success.
11. Ted Nicholas' way may be used in testing new concepts for any field. Once you limit to a couple options, the market will help you be aware of winner. Follow Ted's steps and you'll be safe.
12. It's great for generating leads. When putting your ad, prompt your reader to make contact with you via e-mail, phone, etc. After they do this follow-up with a sales call.
13. An important feature about classifieds and target human population is that it can be used locally, regionally or internationally. It's one tool that makes a small company compete on the small budget.